Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pictures, Daddy Daycare, and Forza Motorsport

I can say I’m about pictured out.  We’ve had studio pictures, outdoor pictures, Santa pictures, and of course our own amateur candid pictures taken just this month alone.  My face wasn’t meant to be in print that many times in a month.  I have to say the final product is worth it though; having this many photos of our little baby is a blessing that will last a lifetime.  (as long as both our computers, the backup HD, and Shutter Fly don’t die simultaneously)

I got a little bit of a vacation this Thanksgiving week.  I took off the entire week and was solely responsible for taking care of my baby girl Monday and Tuesday.  I think daddy daycare went pretty well, even if mom was jealous that I got to stay home while she worked.  Baby and I even ventured out into the world to do some grocery shopping Tuesday.  When we first got there she was throwing a fit and I’ll admit I was worried it wouldn’t stop.  Fortunately she went to sleep soon after entering the store thanks to the wobbly, vibrating Wal-Mart buggy I picked out.  The two days ended up going very well and I was a little sad to see them go.

Of course daddy daycare involved some gaming time (during the baby’s naps, at least that’s what we tell mommy).  That gave me some time to get back to Forza Motorsport 3 which I haven’t played in quite some time.  I have a renewed interest in actually finishing the VERY long single player series of races.  Best of all the game is entirely baby friendly.  I thought maybe all that driving might put her to sleep but that doesn’t seem to work.  I am still working on Saints Row 2 as well but as I stated in the previous entry it’s for after baby’s asleep only making progress slow.

I have to say it’s been a wonderful Thanksgiving week.  Lots of good food, family, and my baby girl.  I really am thankful for everything that has been provided for me.  All things must come to an end though… off to work tomorrow.  But I’m thankful for that too… just not quite so excited for it.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of us taken by Gavin Sexton last week.

DSC_2236DSC_2259DSC_2306DSC_2287DSC_2300DSC_2349

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear your Turkeyday went well. That is a ton of pics man. I hate pictures myself, this would have been torture. Bottom right is hands down the best pic though. I can't imagine what went into getting that smile.

    ReplyDelete